What We Will Use Your Information For
It is as important to us as it is to You, that personal information about You and Your account is treated as private and confidential.
The only times We will disclose information about You are set out below:
- Where We have Your consent.
- If it is in the public interest to do so.
- When We are required to do so by law and voluntary codes.
- To Our agents and others, who do work on Our behalf.
We will use and share information:
- With the loan provider in order they can fulfil and administer Your account.
- To prevent fraudulent activity or for debt recovery.
- For management reports.
- To help Us build a picture of You for credit assessment and marketing purposes.
Both incoming and outgoing telephone calls may be recorded and monitored for training and quality control, to monitor compliance and with any regulatory requirements or procedures and to establish facts.
We will check your details with a fraud prevention agency / agencies. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law Enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
If you do not provide information which is relevant to the service requested we may not be able to offer you the service you require. Information from this application and the subsequent management of the account will be maintained on both our accounting systems and central databases.
Please contact us at Fluent Money Ltd, 102 Rivington House, Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL6 5UE if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
A copy of any personal data held by our agencies can be made available to you, on payment of a fee. You have a legal right to see these details. For more details write to the Data Controller at Fluent Money Ltd, 102 Rivington House, Chorley New Road, Bolton, BL6 5UE. If any data is inaccurate it will be corrected without delay.
Credit reference agencies collate information about how people in a household manage the money they borrow from lenders, whether it be a mortgage, personal loan, credit card, overdraft or any other type of loan.
When making lending decisions we will carry out a search on behalf of a lender with one or more licensed credit reference agencies who will retain a record of the search which will be seen by other organisations that make searches. This information will be used in a decision making process. The lender may also make further searches during the term of the Agreement to assist in the management of your account. Information held about you and your account by the credit reference agencies may already be linked or “associated” to records relating to your partner or anyone that you may be financially “associated” with. Your ability to obtain credit will be influenced by the records held by the credit reference agency on you or any person associated with you in this way.
Another person’s records will be “associated” with yours when:
- You make a joint application
- You advise us of a financial association with another person
- If the credit reference agencies have existing linked or associated records
This “association” will link your records at the credit reference agencies and will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. This shall continue until one of you applies to the credit reference agencies and is successful in filing a “disassociation”. You MUST therefore ensure when making a joint application or advising us of some other financial association that you are entitled to:
- Disclose information about your joint applicant and anyone referred to by you
- Authorise us to search, link or record information at (a) credit reference agency/ies about you and any one referred to by you.
On a monthly basis, the lender will give credit reference agencies details about payments you make to them and the status of your account, to help them and other lenders make credit decisions about you (and the people associated with you) in the future. If you exceed agreed limits, and the amount owed is not in dispute, and you fail to make satisfactory repayment proposals following any formal demand, they may register this with credit reference agencies.< Back